Effective on: July 1, 2020
Introduction and Scope
- Anyone who visits our public website located at cranefreight.com (the “Website”);
- Anyone who visits, follows, or interacts with us through social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Accounts”);
- Prospective or current Crane Freight customers whose data we collect through our sales and marketing systems, including, without limitation, email, our customer resource management (CRM) systems, direct marketing systems, and teleconferencing systems (collectively, with the Website and Social Media, the “Sales and Marketing Systems”);
- Crane Freight customers whose data we process in our on-line tracking application or our portal web application (the “Apps”); and
- Crane Freight customers whose data we process in our email, operations, shipping and logistics, cloud storage, accounting, management, or services-related information systems (together with the Apps, the “Services”).
This Policy does not apply to Personal Data we collect by other means, such as Personal Data that we collect from our employees or contractors.
Within the scope of this Policy, Crane Freight acts as a data controller for the Personal Data we process.
Basis of Processing
We may process your Personal Data on the basis of:
- the need to perform a contract with you;
- our legitimate interests, such as our interest in marketing our Services;
- the need to comply with the law; or
- any other ground, as required or permitted by law.
Where we receive your Personal Data as part of providing our Services to you based on a contract, we require such Personal Data to be able to carry out the contract. Without that necessary Personal Data, we will not be able to provide the Services to you.
How We Receive Personal Data
We may receive your Personal Data when:
- you provide it directly to us as part of interacting with our Sales and Marketing Systems or using our Services;
- our customers (including their employees, contractors, and other representatives of the company) provide it to us;
- we receive it from other companies within our corporate group;
- our service providers provide it to us;
- we purchase lists of individuals who might be interested in becoming customers of ours; or
- when a friend of yours or one of our partners or customers refers you to our Services by providing your Personal Data to us.
Categories of Personal Data
We may process the following types of Personal Data:
- biographical information, such as first and last name;
- contact information, such as email address and postal addresses;
- employment information, such as the name of your employer, your job title, and your employer’s contact information;
- shipping information such as origin, destination, and shipping comments;
- IP addresses;
- any other public information contained in your social media profiles or in comments or interactions you leave on our Social Media Accounts;
- payment information such as payment card numbers;
- recordings of conference calls we have with you; and
- usernames for accessing our Apps.
Purposes of Processing
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- marketing or selling our Services;
- providing or enabling the use of the Services;
- responding to your requests or questions; and
- sending you email marketing communications about our business which we think may interest you.
When the purposes of processing are satisfied, we will either delete the related Personal Data within six months or retain for as long as required by applicable law.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share Personal Data with our subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as with our service providers, who process Personal Data on our behalf, and who agree to use the Personal Data only to assist us in supporting our Sales and Marketing Systems, providing our Services, or as required by law. Our service providers may provide:
- CRM software providers and third-party CRM developers;
- email marketing software providers;
- teleconferencing software providers;
- social media platform providers;
- financial and accounting software providers;
- warehouse and shipping management software providers;
- internal IT infrastructure providers;
- cloud storage and sharing software providers; and
- email spam filtering software providers.
Some of these third parties may be located outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area. In some cases, the European Commission may not have determined that the countries’ data protection laws provide a level of protection equivalent to European Union law. We will only transfer your Personal Data to third parties in these countries when there are appropriate safeguards in place. These may include the European-Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses.
Other Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the extent required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that we need to disclose it in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings (whether initiated by governmental/law enforcement officials, or private parties). We may also disclose your Personal Data if we sell or transfer all or some of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate restructuring. Finally, we may disclose your Personal Data to our subsidiaries or affiliates, but only if necessary, for business purposes, as described in the section above.
We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data, (which does not include any Personal Data) about individuals whose Personal Data we process in connection with providing our Services, for any legal business purpose. These purposes may include analyzing usage trends or seeking compatible advertisers, sponsors, and customers.
If we must disclose your Personal Data to governmental/law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that those officials will maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Data.
We use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies may remain even after you close your browser, but always have an expiration date. Most of the cookies placed on your device through our Website are first-party cookies, since they are placed directly by us. Other parties, such as Google, may also set their own (third-party) cookies through our Website. Please refer to the policies of these third parties to learn more about the way in which they collect and process information about you.
• browser usage;
• webpages visited;
• IP address;
• used hyperlinks;
• user name;
• profile picture;
• networks and any other information shared when using third-party websites (such as the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the “+1” functionality on Google+); and
• websites visited before using the Crane Freight website.
For more detailed information and to control what type of cookies are placed on your device by our Website, please click on the “Cookie Preferences” button located in the footer of this webpage.
Data Integrity & Security
We have implemented and will maintain technical, administrative, and physical measures that are reasonably designed to help protect Personal Data from unauthorized processing. This includes unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Access & Review
If we process your Personal Data, you may have the right to request access to (or to update, correct, or delete) such Personal Data. You may also have the right to ask that we limit our processing of such Personal Data, as well as the right to object to our processing of such Personal Data. You may also have the right to data portability.
Privacy of Children
Our Sales and Marketing Systems and Services are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13.
European Union Supervisory Authority Oversight
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in one or more of the European Union member states.
Changes to this Policy
If we make any material change to this Policy, we will post the revised Policy to this web page. We will also update the “Effective” date. By continuing to use our Services after we post any of these changes, you accept the modified Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our processing of your Personal Data, please write to our corporate VP-Global Human Resources by email at Megan.So[email protected] or by postal mail at:
Crane Worldwide Logistics LLC
Attn: Megan Soltura-VP Global Human Resources
1500 Rankin Road
Please allow up to four weeks for us to reply.
European Union Representative
We have appointed our Irish group company, Crane Worldwide Logistics Ireland Limited, as our representative in the EU for data protection matters. While you may also contact us, Crane Worldwide Logistics Ireland Limited can be contacted on matters related to the processing of Personal Data.
Our representative in the EU can be contacted at:
Crane Worldwide Logistics Ireland Limited
Blanchardtown Corporate Park 1
Unit 13C, Ballycoolin
Dublin, Ireland 15
Data Protection Officer (Germany)
Our German group company, Crane Worldwide Germany GmbH, has appointed Harry Gerritsen as our Data Protection Officer (DPO) in Germany. While you may also contact us, our German DPO can be contacted on matters related to the processing of Personal Data in Germany pursuant to the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Our German DPO’s contact details are:
Data Protection Officer (Germany)
Email [email protected]
The following information is intended for residents of California who belong to any of the following categories:
- Persons who visit our public website located at cranefreight.com (the “Website”);
- Persons who attend our webinars;
- Persons who visit, follow, or interact with us through social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Accounts”);
- Prospective Crane Freight customers whose data we collect through our sales and marketing systems, including, without limitation, email, our customer resource management (CRM) systems, direct marketing systems, and teleconferencing systems (collectively, with the Website and Social Media, the “Sales and Marketing Systems”); and
- Persons who are associated with shipping services we provide to our customers (e.g., recipients of shipments sent by our customers).
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers such as a name, postal address, email address, telephone number, fax number, username, unique personal identifier, online identifier, account name, social media profile information, date of birth, tax ID number, IP addresses, or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as payment information, payment card information, bank information, or purchase information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the data we receive when you interact with our website or passwords for Crane Freight websites or portals, and information contained in your social media profiles or in comments or interactions you leave on our Social Media Accounts;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your employer, job title, tenure, commercial skills, or other information that may be available in an online profile; and
- Education information, such as the university you attended and degree.
Sources from Which We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you (e.g., if you interact with our Sales and Marketing Systems, use our Services, or visit our websites);
- From our customers (including their employees, contractors, and other representatives of the company);
- From other companies within our corporate group;
- From our service providers;
- From social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn);
- From third parties that provide us with lists of individuals who might be interested in becoming customers of ours; and
- From third parties who refer you to our Services by providing your information to us.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Marketing or selling our Services, including identification of prospective customers and tracking and analysis of sales and marketing activities;
- Providing or enabling the use of the Services;
- Operating our Website;
- Responding to your requests or questions; and
- Sending you email marketing communications and other information about our business which we think may interest you;
- Complying with legal requirements.
Your California Rights
California law grants residents of the state certain rights regarding the collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Subject to certain limitations, California residents have the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- Right to delete. You have the right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to opt out. You have the right to opt out of certain disclosures of your personal information for valuable consideration. You can exercise this right through the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link [insert link].
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate if the difference is reasonably related to the value of your personal information.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request at [email protected] or call us at +1 888-870-2726.
A request to disclose or delete your information must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, a resident of California and it must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
There may be circumstances where we will not be able to fulfill your request. For example, if you request deletion, we may need to retain certain personal information to comply with our legal obligations or for other permitted purposes. In such cases, we will inform you of the reasons we cannot fulfill your request.
If you are submitting a request through an authorized agent, we may require you to (1) provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and (2) verify your own identity and residency directly. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the consumer to act on their behalf.